Spinach Peach Smoothie

I woke up this morning, not from my alarm clock but from the singing, whistling and chirping birds from outside. When you here them, you know its spring time. And when you know it's spring, it's time to work-out, walking outside and soak up the sun and the warm of the weather. Uhhhhhh! BUT don't get to relaxed, it's also time to put more of a spring into action for working out and eating the greens.

Spinach is a great source of iron from the Popeye knows best. If you don't like spinach cooked, eat it raw. A little bit on a sandwich, salad or in a smoothie. Yes I said 'SMOOTHIE'. I might look terrible but it taste good and refreshing. Never say no before you try it. I usually have this smoothie on weekends during my lunch time.

Spinach Peach Smoothie
Handful of clean baby spinach
Frozen 1 large peach
1 cup of cold water
ice cubes
1 T or t of Splenda or sugar
1 Straw

Put is all in a Hi-speed blender for a minute or two. For regular blenders, I would blend the spinach and water first, then the ice, frozen peaches and sugar. Make sure it smooth and puree so there is not parts of leaves. Use a straw because of the foam on top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW !!! I don t like veggie ;but
i will try it for something
different. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Saw your post on my blog! I hear the whales calling! Great recipe. Gonna try it this weekend!

Disclaimer

This information is not presented by a medical practitioner and is for educational and informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.