Colonoscopy Test

Well, I'm CLEAN. After my prep of the fast and my colonoscopy test, I'm good and everything is OK. The doctor said that he didn't find any polyp and cancer. I am so relieved.

Everyone says that the prep of fast is the hardest thing to do for the colonoscopy test and they are RIGHT. Boy, the fast solution of drink is the worst taste ever. They even give you different choice of flavor which doesn't not work. My sister-in-law told me to put in 'Crystal Light powder' in a glass requirement which helped a little. You have to drink 8 oz. of the solution for every 15-20 minutes until you go clear. I had extra glass of water just to clean my mouth out to get rid the taste. The solution took about 4-5 hours to get through my colon and boy when it did - it did. I just stayed on the toilet for a good while. I went through my solution a little more that half which I started to get clear in my bowel movements. Thank goodness, cause the solution was making me sick.

The next day, I did have a little of water (6-hour before the test) to take my pills and off I went to moon my doctor. When I got there I registered to bill my health insurance and gave my information and went back to the recovering room which I took off my clothes except my socks. The nurse were very polite and kind since it was my first time and told my not to worried because the hardest part was over cause I already to the prep of fast. They (nurse) gave me an IV and covered me with a blanket and they rolled me into a small room which had TV monitors, heart monitor which they did hook me up to one with sicky padding on my chest, and others things like the scope tube. The one nurse gave an oxygen mask to breath in so my chest is full of oxygen because I will be lying down flat for the preseager. I lying down on my left side and the nurse put in the sweet dream foluma (anasaza) which did burn my hand where the IV was. The I fell to sleep.

I woke up and saw my brother holding a nutrition bar and ask me to wake up that it's over and everything is fine. The nurse have me some apple juice which I don't remember drinking and it was over and I went home. It was a piece of cake or should say it was a piece of nutrition bar with fiber.

Thanks to the nurses, doctor, and the support from my brother who drove me home, my mom, Vicky my sister-in-law and my friends at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are the best, I told you everything will be right. alway have fun then worry. right , right

Disclaimer

This information is not presented by a medical practitioner and is for educational and informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.