Cookie Jar

I remember when I was eight or nine years old and I went to my grandma's house every weekend. I would come in her house, give her a great big hug and kisses and ran to the cookie jar in the kitchen. She would have homemade chocolate chip cookies to store bought. I didn't care what kind of cookies she had, I just remember the chocolate, chewy sugar flakes or the filled vanilla creme cookies. And the best part was I can have as many as I wanted. My grandma, Mary, always gave us what we wanted in sugar. My mom and dad would say, "Only have two" but my grandma would sneak and give us grand kids more. Those were the days.

Today is different. Cookies are bigger in size and bigger in calories. So, taking 3 or more cookies per serving is a large sum of calories and sugar that adds to our bigger hips. For some reason, we still think back in the ages when we were small and young that now, we take twice more than the serving on the label box. Also, through the day, you crave for the flavor of the creme vanilla cookie and you take more than you should. Meaning you just add more calories to you diet.

My solution that I have been working on, instead of cookies in the jar, put store bought bars that are package with a wrapper. There are so many low calorie bars like the Quaker Oatmeal bars (90 Calories) or the HERSHEY'S bars (100 calories). Its more satisfying to open a wrapper and taking a bit into. Maybe, its tricking the brain nerves that you are throwing the wrapper away, its telling you are finished like a meal on a plate.

Another solution is to bake your own Homemade cookies. Instead of white flour, use wheat flour. Instead of all the sugar, use Spenda and half the sugar to the recipe. Instead of egg with yolk, use egg whites only. Substitute ingredients is the best health choice you can make for yourself.

No comments:

Disclaimer

This information is not presented by a medical practitioner and is for educational and informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.